The potential for using video as a promotional tool has never been better or cheaper — even for nonprofits struggling to get their message out.
Google released a list of the top non-profit videos to Mashable earlier this month. It’s no surprise that “Kony 2012” tops the list at over 100 million views, but other incredibly popular videos were released by groups as diverse as the Melbourne Transit Authority and PETA.
Here are the most popular videos released by non-profits in 2012:
1. “Kony 2012” by Invisible Children, Inc.
2. “Dumb Ways to Die” by the Melbourne Trains Australia
3. “Demand A Plan to End Gun Violence” by Mayors Against Illegal Guns
4. “Thank You Message to Selena Gomez from Hana Hwang” by Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
5. “Boyfriend Went Vegan” by PETA